I absolutely love summer. It could literally be 70 degrees and above year round and I would be perfectly happy. There is so much that can be done when it is warm and the possibilities are quite literally endless.
Some of my best memories are from summers gone by; both from my childhood and traveling with my husband before we had our little boy. I can’t wait to be able to start going on adventures now with our little J man. He’s coming into an age that we can start planning to do that.
In fact, I’ve already started dreaming of all the places we will go. The hubs and I will also have activities that we will do on our own as well.
While I was dreaming and thinking about the summers to come,
I thought that I would throw together a post of the best summer bucket list ideas that are both for couples and for family. Not only that, but that can be both extravagant and affordable.
Yes, some of these will require planning and saving. But you know what? That’s okay. Some of these you’ll be able to throw together in no time and be on your way.
I’m such a firm believer in living our best lives.
Healthy living is a lifestyle. Not a diet or some weird workout regimen.
Balance is a big deal and balance can be achieved!
By the way, if you want date night ideas…. Go here 🙂
Now! Without further ado, here are 75 awesome summer bucket list ideas.
- Go on a cruise to nowhere
- Picnic in the middle of nowhere
- Backpack through Europe
- Rooftop dinner
- Visit the Statue of Liberty
- Drink an expensive bottle of wine
- Pick strawberries
- Hot air balloon ride
- Visit a farm
- Take an outdoor painting class
- Do a 1,000 piece puzzle
- Read 10 books
- Camp in your back yard
- Learn the Parent Trap Handshake
- Go to a drive in movie
- Leave a positive note on someone’s windshield
- Do a color run
- Re-do a room in your house
- Created a melted crayon art for a room in your house
- Buy a pair of white shoes and draw on them
- Start a book of memories with your husband
- Start a book of memories for your family
- Go to the Central Park Zoo
- Fly a Kite
- Day trip to a nearby big city
- Go canoeing
- Tye dye a t-shirt
- Stay in Cinderella’s castle at Disney World
- Jump off of a waterfall
- Watch the sunrise at a beach
- Go on a spontaneous road trip
- Rope swing into the water
- Build a blanket fort
- Take a cooking class
- Ride Donkey’s into the Grand Canyon
- Road Trip down Route 66
- Go to a masquerade ball
- Road trip in a convertible up the California coastline
- Have a lemonade stand and give the money to charity
- Hike to a waterfall and walk behind it
- Go to the original Carlo’s Bake Shop
- Camp on the beach
- Go to a floating lantern festival
- Visit Buckingham Palace
- Go to New Zealand and walk through the places of Lord of the Rings
- Stay at an underwater hotel
- Bungee jumping
- Put family hand prints in cement or clay for wall art
- Become fluent in a second language
- Have a mud fight
- Make a time capsule and bury it in the back yard
- Be in two places at once
- Keep a journal everyday for a year
- Play hide and seek in a shopping mall
- Write a random letter of encouragement and hand it to a stranger
- Unplug for 48 hours
- Write a letter to your spouse, seal it and open it in 8 years
- Write a letter to your child, seal it, and have them open it on their graduation day
- Put at least $1 in an envelope every single day and keep on hand for mad money
- Play Twister with paint
- Learn self defense
- Go on a spa day with your hubby
- Go to a trampoline park
- Visit the Harry Potter studios in London
- Get a tattoo
- Get front row tickets to a concert
- Pay a restaurant bill for a random person
- Go Ziplining
- Swim with dolphins
- Have a Nerf gun war
- Run a half marathon
- Own a piece of jewelry from Tiffany & Co.
- Visit the Biltmore Estate
- Horseback riding through the Ocean
- Visit Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia
Oh my gosh. I want it to be summer so badly now.
This morning, it was 27 degrees which is freezing for this southern gal.
The warm spring sun tingling my skin is something I long for and I miss terribly. But! Not much longer now. Spring is almost here and before I know it, it’ll be summer.
So, every Monday morning (or Sunday afternoon) I send out a motivational newsletter to get you ready for the week.
If that’s something you’d like to be part of, go ahead and throw in your e-mail address and I will send you 25 more bucket list ideas.
Don’t worry, I don’t spam. Spam is stupid. Plus, you can unsubscribe at anytime. Once you subscribe, I’ll send you a few free gifts, and will then send you that newsletter each week!
Like I said before, I am super passionate about living well and having an overall healthy lifestyle.
This life is too short to live in the gym and eat boiled chicken and kale. It just is. While I do enjoy a touch of kale in my smoothies every now and then, it’s definitely not a staple in my diet.
Lettuce? Yep. Love it. Kale? Not really.
Wait. Did a fitness coach really just say that? Yeah, girl. I did.
Ready to take your summer by storm? I know you are because I am too.
Remember. This life is worth living. Don’t waste your time wishing for what could be. Get out there and go get it.
Here’s to you. Happy Summer!