This week the weather decided that it was going to turn off cool and Chili is amazing in fall weather. This recipe that I am about to share with you is quite… what’s the word… Sacred? Yes. That will work, sacred. This is from 3 generations back in my family and it is so easy.
The size pot you will need is approximately 4 quarts, nothing smaller, but bigger is obviously fine. If you do not have a 4 quart or larger pot, grab this Saucepot by Farberware off of Amazon by clicking the picture below. It is stainless steel and dishwasher safe. If things aren’t dishwasher safe it’s a no go for me. So there you go. Grab this and you’re on your way to fantabulous chili.
I made this pot of chili for a group of fairly picky eaters thinking that they would probably pick at it and be done, then I could have the rest to myself. Selfish I know… Which is probably why what happened next, happened. I was wrong, the pot was pretty much licked clean and I’m pretty sure I didn’t even get any.
That being said my lovelies, grab your leggings, sweatshirts, your favorite beverage and curl up on the couch with a bowl of this yummy chili and your favorite show.
The Last Chili Recipe You Will Ever Need
- 2 pounds of ground hamburger (low fat)
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of water
- 1/2 of a large onion, minced
- 1 can multi bean combo
- 2 TBSP Chili powder
- 1 TBSP of Cumin
- 1 TBSP of Garlic
- 2 TBSP of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TBSP of Cajun Seasoning
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Chopped Chives (optional)
- Lite Sour Cream (optional)
- Brown the ground hamburger meat in large soup pot
- While the meat in browning, mince half of a large onion
- Once meat is ground up and browned, add in all ingredients except cheese, chives, and sour cream
- Cover and let simmer over medium-low heat for 45 minutes stirring occasionally
- After the 45 minute simmer period, serve in bowls topped with cheese, chives and sour cream (if you choose)