I can totally hear you now. Isn’t this girl a fitness blogger? Why is she posting desserts? Well, yes and no in regards to the fitness blogger bit. I am a healthy lifestyle blogger and I firmly believe that a healthy lifestyle includes balance. Balance of workouts and rest as well as balance of food. Balance, y’all. It takes balance.
SO! This leads me into my series of posts surrounding the holidays. I’ve already got two up and this is number three. In case you’ve missed the others, head over to see Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup for Fall & How to Actually Stop Counting Calories During Your Holidays.
Couple of things before we get to the actual recipe
- I like to use fruit dip caramel instead of the actual candy caramel. The candy caramel gets stuck in my teeth and I’m not exactly sure of what all is in it. I can’t pronounce everything on the label, so that’s a no go for me. 🙂
- Be creative with the toppings. The ones I have listed in the recipe are merely suggestions. Pro tip– if taking these to a party, slice your apples before leaving the house and then dip them once you get to the party (if there is a microwave). You can put your toppings in a muffin pan if you’re like me and aren’t very savvy in the entertaining realm. OR if you’d like to grab some cute little dishes, then hop on Amazon by clicking the pic below and grabbing some cute little serving bowls like the ones you see here!
I hope you guys enjoy making these! Remember balance, relaxation and to enjoy the small moments this upcoming season.
Don’t forget to Pin the Recipe to your Pinterest board for easy access!
Happy Fall 🙂
DIY Candied Apples for Fall
- 4-6 freshly sliced Large Gala Apples
- 1 tub of caramel fruit dip
- 1 block of chocolate Almond Bark
- 1/2 cup of ground pecans
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds
- 1/2 cup of mini choc chips
- 1/2 cup of mini M&M’s
- 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows
- Pack of small Bamboo Skewers
- Wax Paper
- Slice apples into wedges
- Stick the skewers through the apple wedges and set aside
- Break up the Almond Bark and put in a microwaveable bowl and microwave until creamy stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip the top part of each apple slice into the caramel or chocolate then into the nut or candy topping of your choice
- Lay each on on wax paper or your choice of serving dish. Let chocolate set and serve!
- Hint – if your party is several hours away, dip your sliced apples in lemon juice and let sit for a few minutes before dipping into the chocolate or caramel. This will keep your apple from turning brown!