It is officially spring this Wednesday and it is currently 54 degrees outside. To say that I am in the mood for some springtime activities is the understatement of the year.
I started making a list of spring time activities to do and it got me thinking about how all of these activities tie into leading a healthy and full life.
Yes, I’m a coach and trainer, but I don’t just help people lose weight or display on Instagram my Rolodex of exercises that are inside my head or that I made up. I teach women how to live healthy and balanced lives.
About six months ago, I came across a very prominent blogger that had made the statement on her page that there is no such thing as balance and I about came unglued.
If there’s no such thing as balance and there’s always too much or too little of something, then……. Yeah.. no.
There IS a such thing as balance and it’s up to us to decide what balance looks like in our lives.
We need to put down the cell phones and turn off the television and start LIVING. There’s more to life than Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and watching endless episodes of shows we’ve already seen 1000 times.
Dude. Yeah, I’m calling us all out.
This list is actually super small and there are so many other things that you can do, but this list will get you started.
Here are 58 Springtime Activities
- Go on a hike
- Take a canoe trip
- Find a bike trail and ride it
- Butterfly catching
- Dying eggs
- Setting up a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt
- Create an Easter Tree
- Planting a garden
- Spring cleaning
- Redecorating a room in your house
- Eat all three meals outside
- Find a new restaurant each week with a patio
- Make your favorite Christmas treat
- Make your favorite fall treat
- Host a spring cookout with your friends
- Create a spring wreath for your front door
- Weekend trip to a theme park
- Fly kites
- Go to the Zoo
- Visit a local farm
- Have a girls night
- Hope around to different antique stores
- Check out new books from the library each week
- Train for a 5k
- Buy a new dress for Easter
- Breakfast for dinner
- Get your first spring pedicure
- Start planning your summer list of activities
- Weekend drive to the beach
- Get up early to watch the sunrise and listen to the birds. The sounds of the very early mornings are so peaceful.
- Get a massage
- Plant a new tree for Arbor Day (that is a fun tradition picked up from the old TV show Wishbone)
- Have a family movie night where you make homemade pizza and homemade dessert
- Take spring family pics (don’t forget to include the fur babies!)
- Make s’mores over a fire (be sure to check for burn bans and always play it safe!)
- Water balloon game
- Learn to crochet
- Start learning a new language
- Wash your own car once a week
- Play in the rain (watch for thunder!)
- Go on a picnic
- Buy coffee for a stranger
- Make some spring time goodies and give it to your neighbor
- Go hunting for a rainbow after a spring time storm
- Unplug for 48- yes, 48 hours
- Buy a porch swing
- Walk to your local ice cream parlor
- Make a volcano with baking soda and vinegar
- Go golfing with the hubs – even if you just drive the cart
- Make homemade popsicles
- Get a henna tattoo
- Buy and set up a hammock
- By a pair of white shoes and draw on them
- Start a memories book with your husband
- Hot Air Balloon ride
- Build a fort in your back yard
- Write a letter of encouragement and hand it to a stranger
- Play Twister with paint
This list only touches the tip of the springtime activities list.
There are so many things to do during the springtime. You’ll notice that a 98% of these are not in front of a screen.
That’s because I think we spend WAY too much time in front of a dang screen and call it living.
How many times have you picked up your phone and you don’t even know why you picked it up? You just picked it up to “look at it”.
There’s no reason for us to just pick up our phones to look at them or watch endless hours of television.
I’m not saying phones are evil. So don’t even think that.
What I am saying is that we rely entirely too much on our phones and spend way too much time in front of a screen.
It’s a fact.
Something I created this year was a summer bucket list and along this same topic, I created an amazing (if I do say so myself) list of weekend activities to do!
Everything from small trips to all of the smaller things to do that still create great memories and I’d like to send it to you.
Throw in your email below and I will shoot you an email with it. Don’t worry, you won’t have to wait on me to send it to you, I have it set up to where it will automatically send once you confirm your subscription.
Also, I won’t spam you. I’ll send you a few free gifts and then a weekly motivational newsletter.
As we wrap up this fun post of springtime activities, I’m sitting here with my window open, it’s 61 degrees and the trees out the window of my office are starting to bud.
It makes me grin because we truly are entering a time of year that is so incredible, and it is truly the best time for new beginnings.
New Years is great, but when you can see the earth all around you budding with new life, it gives me such hope. I know, I know, I’m super dramatic, but it’s totally true.
We aren’t meant to work, pay bills, struggle to lose weight, then die. That’s no life to live. Learn to live well and to live the best life.
That doesn’t mean you’ll always have a ton of money, but that does mean you find joy in the day to day, you’ll have an awesome workout routine to keep your body moving, and you aren’t controlled by a tiny screen that is in your purse.